My dinner last night-
Quinoa with cranberries, apples and spinach. 4 ingredients, 15 minutes to make. To add a little more protein I grilled 4 of chicken.
1 cup uncooked quinoa
1 medium apple (I used Gala)
1 cup (or big handful) baby spinach
1 cup cranberries or cran-raisins
1. Cut apples into 1/2 in cubes. Sauté on pan on medium heat
2. Add cranberries in with apples
3. Cook quinoa; two cups water to 1 cup quinoa. Bring to boil, cover and simmer.
4. When quinoa is just about done add sautéed apples and cranberries. Let simmer for 3-5 minutes.
5. Just before serving chop up baby spinach (or rip apart with hands), mix into delicious quinoa mix.
Makes 4 servings. (roughly 3/4 cup each)
Nutrition per serving:
With 4 oz chicken
ENJOY and please share your thoughts :)
Jen is a Certified Personal Trainer/Weight Loss Specialist. She is dedicated to helping everyone achieve their goals as well as sharing her journey throughout her own goals.